Visa & Insurrance


A ‘C visa’ is for short stays in the territory of the Schengen states of no more than 90 days over a six-month period from the date of first entry as well as for transit. This is a uniform visa, which allows short-term stays in the entire Schengen area. It is also issued for short-term employment. 


The following are the minimum requirements for a visa application:

  • A fully completed application form signed by the applicant;  

  • A passport photo in line with the criteria of the Visa Code (color, 35 x 45 mm, light background, etc.);

  • A valid and approved passport;

  • Documentation of independent or third-party funding (e.g., letter of intent of the inviting party); 

  • Health insurance valid throughout the entire Schengen area, which also covers stays for employment purposes, if necessary (see Healt Insurances);

  • Depending on the type of visa, possibly other evidence such as invitation letters, service contracts, airplane ticket receipts, memberships in artists’ associations, and other evidence documenting the intent of the applicant to return to his/her country of origin.

For more information visit the ETIAS website 


EU artists and entertainers may need visas to perform in the United Kingdom from January 2021, the Home Office has said.

The department announced Tuesday that artists and sports players from the EU would be subject to the same rules that currently apply to their non-EU peers once the Brexit transition comes to an end in December.

Insurance requirements for bands

Artists, creatives, and organizers have to decide what risks they can and want to obtain coverage for. Job-related insurance includes professional liability insurance, organizer’s liability insurance, and possibly insurance plans that protect against damages that arise especially as a result of transport. Non-professional health insurances, accident insurances, and disability insurances, as well as liability insurances, are personal insurances but no less important. 

These insurances are sometimes valid Europe-wide or even worldwide. The geographical scope of the insurance must be adapted to the risk. This means that insurance policies need to be adjusted accordingly in the event of international activities. If an insurance policy has already been taken out, it should be reviewed and possibly expanded for worldwide coverage together with a broker or insurance agent.   

A large number of insurance providers make it difficult to navigate the wide range of insurance products and to find the most efficient coverage for one’s needs. Generally, applicable recommendations are hardly possible. It is therefore advisable to contact an independent broker specialized in insurance for the cultural sector. Consultations are normally free of charge.

Health Insurance

Travel health insurance for non-EU residents is sufficient for short stays of up to 90 days. This must be valid in all Schengen countries and have a coverage level of at least €30,000.

Individuals from non-EU countries whose insurance in their home country also covers insurance claims in the EU: For your health insurance to be recognized by EU member states, you must demonstrate that your health insurance scheme offers the same protection as EU statutory health insurance.

Insurance inquiries

Bands that need a liabillity and/or health insturance even if not part of the Inkfish Booking roster can send their inquiry to hello[at]

Please mention:

  • Number of people traveling
  • Countries to visit
  • Duration of tour
  • Value of instrument en equipement.